RUSSIA & AMERICA GOODWILL ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just some Tennessee Ramblin'

4 posters

Go down

Just some Tennessee Ramblin' Empty Just some Tennessee Ramblin'

Post by Th3Gunrunn3r Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:32 am

Hi, friends, both Russian and American.  I'm kind of an odd type because some might not consider me American as I was born in South Africa. I served in the US Army, and my loyalty is one hundred percent American, so I count myself as maybe more American. You see, I had a choice, and I chose to be a part of this great country.

Now, unlike most Americans, I have met a lot of Russians when I lived in Israel for 6 years. I know, there are those generalizations about Russians. They drink like fish, play chess like computers, or depression being the normal state of mind. It's bullshit and it's true. Some do and some don't. It's like saying that all Americans can only speak one language, and not very well. Sometimes it's true, sometimes not. In all, I found most Russians to be of way above average intelligence.

Intelligence is often displayed through a sense of humor. I hung around with this Russian guy named Vlad when we both lived in the same hostel in Tel Aviv. Now, hostels are where you find the best and worst of people. Vlad had this strange peeve over the people who leak on the floor when they use a urinal. One day, I go to use the bathroom, and I find signs posted over each urinal in English, Russian and Hebrew. The signs read "DO NOT FLATTER YOURSELF. STAND CLOSER!"

I still laugh over that. Incidentally, my friend Vlad, was one of the gentlest people I had ever met. Women just loved him, he had that vibe about him. Loved kids and dogs. The guy never touched alcohol and ran 10 miles every day. He went to Israel to study Krav Maga so that he could compare it to the Russian fighting art called Systema. He showed me some of it, and it's brutally effective. It's not "pretty" like the Eastern styles, but it doesn't have to be. It's the result that counts.

Well, I'm kind of just rambling, trying to get the ball rolling. What really excites me about a Trump presidency is that he will undoubtedly have better relations with president Putin than the last fool we had. Obama's rudeness does not reflect the general feeling of Americans. With Trump, I'm hoping for a co-operative spirit that encompasses trade, science, sport, tourism, and MOST importantly, we have an enemy in common. Together, we can smash Daesh to atoms. Sadly, Vladimir Putin has done more damage to those terrorists in a week than Hussein Obama has in his entire term. I do not see Russia as a threat. Hillary Clinton and Hussein Obama's threats to shoot down Russian aircraft and to bomb Syrian positions where they know there are Russian troops deployed, are a thing of the past. The Muslim insurgent and the broom-pilot are politically dead now. I look forward to an era of prosperity between the two greatest powers in the world.

Th3Gunrunn3r

Back to top Go down

Just some Tennessee Ramblin' Empty Re: Just some Tennessee Ramblin'

Post by Admin Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:51 am

Thank you for the post, Th3Gunrunn3r!

Keep on posting!

RAGA Team
www.raga.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.raga.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammyrasp Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Thanks for rambling. I love your story.

Like you, I am also looking forward to this Friday when Donald J. Trump will take the oath of office.
Although I voted for Trump in both the Florida primary and General Election, Rand Paul seemed to me the most pragmatic, especially in regards to reigning in the national debt. His campaign was suspended before the primaries made their way to FL.
Sammyrasp
Sammyrasp

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyGoodwill Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi everyone, I am new here too. Smile

Yea, it was a good ramble. Must be the Tennessee ramble. Haha, born in Memphis!

Most people I know, have no hatred for Russia or their people and if they had any common sense they would not label others, but they do it out of ignorance or fear. I never did, just saw the military gamers for 6 decades. I am tired of it all. Want peace.
That said, I like how Putin is holding his own. I respect him and I hope him and Trump create a peaceful allied position in our world.
I grew up during Cold War era. I was never afraid of Russia. More afraid of the nuclear games in our own country.

AndyGoodwill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum